GETTING ON A THE MONOCHROME TREND
Man Oh, Man! I have not done a fashion post in the longest time. I am really sorry my lovelies. It has been such a busy time – doing work for clients and starting a new job. Plus, getting married is really hard work. We are about 24 days away from the wedding and things just got super real. However, I have really missed putting fashion content together on the blog. Thankfully, I have been keeping you guys updated on my YouTube Channel (Click HERE to subscribe). Lately, I have been on this heavy monochrome trend. What is this monochrome trend, you ask? Let’s get into it.
WHAT DOES MONOCHROME MEAN?
TIPS TO KILL IT IN MONOCHROME
- Select colors that suit your skin tone. If you are wearing a color that pops on you, you will feel more comfortable in it.
- Get the shades right. Make sure the tones compliment each other.
- Experiment with tones especially brighter tones with more faded tones. A good color to try this out with is grey or yellow.
- Be open to skin tone shades. Beige on Beige or dark brown on dark brown. This look so so good.
This trend has been so popular in terms of wearing the same color top and pants. In the recent months, this has transcended with bolder and brighter colors. But if you are like me and what to build up to other colors. Selecting shades of black and white would be the best place to start. In my attempt at the monochrome look, I wore black pants, shoes, and accessories and broke it with white. If you guys would love to see my do this trend in another color – comment below.
Also, Please share your various takes on the monochrome trend.
- Chain and Choker – Lovisa
- Crop Jacket – Truworths
- Tshirt – Cotton On
- Pants – Superbalist
- Shoes – The Fix