HELLO! My lovelies! 2018 is here and I am so happy to be blogging again. My heart hopes that this year will be a phenomenal one for us all. There is just something in the air that makes me feel like this year is going to be wonderful, exciting, challenging in all the right places and so lovely.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and that January is being good to you. I just got back last week from a family trip. It was great – all I did was lounge by the pool and caught a really hectic tan. It is just so good to be back – working and creating content.
For my first post of the year, I wanted to share something I was so so inspired by and that was creating goals for yourself that you can be proud of. Firstly, in 2017, I discovered my YouTube role model and I watched her content religiously and intensely because it was compelling, wonderfully made and just so authentic. Her name is Sorelle Amore (HERE IS A LINK TO HER CHANNEL). Funny enough I have had the privilege of chatting with her over social media (I FANGIRLED SO HARD). Her latest video was about her goals for 2018 and how she put that list together. I thought I would take a similar approach and share it with you.
HOW TO SET GREAT GOALS
- Create relevant categories for yourself and the aspects of your life.
- Place bold goals into each of those categories. Do not worry about the how just yet, just create challenging goals for each category.
- Do not worry if you cannot achieve them within a year, it’s about working towards those goals.
- Tell someone you trust about your goals. Be accountable to someone and you will progress more towards those goals. That person will keep you driven and focused when you seem to lose your way.
- Reassess those goals at regular checkpoints 3 months, 6 months, 9 months. Alternate what needs to be done.
- Journal/Document each day and celebrate the milestones you have reached within each of your categories. Have something to look back on and be proud of. It will remind you of all the things you overcame to reach those goals.
MY 2018 GOALS
- Reach 1000 Subscribers on my YouTube Channel
- Become more comfortable with Vlogging
- Reach 3000 Followers on Instagram
- Enjoy my life with my soon to be Husband!
- Take a big family trip at the end of the year.
- Create a stronger bond with my community.
- Learn to be in the moment by not using my phone during outings with friends and families
- Read more and watch more content that will teach me rather than entertain me.
- Do daily devotion. Every day and journal thereafter.
- Take notes during the messages at church.
- Learn more about photography, self-portraiture, and filming
- Take editing classes and online tutorials