IT IS STILL SUMMER AT SEATTLE COFFEE CO.
South African summers are real and they last for over 4 months – Let’s be honest the real heat hits in February/March. Yes, Yes December is a scorcher but the real deal hits us pretty hard in Feb – this is when everyone is back at work, school and university. How to do we keep cool in this time of heat? Well, this summer my drink of choice was definitely the Seattle Coffee Co. Freezes. You thought because it is so hot I would abandon my favorite joint till summer said farewell and autumn peeks in to say hello. Not at all.
For those who are not ready to embrace the awesomeness of coffee as yet (don’t worry, you will come over to the dark side soon enough) Seattle Coffee Co has amazing freezes, from Strawberry to Mocca. These are made with lovely full cream milk. Recently they added fruit freezes to their menu and it is so refreshing and so different from your normal freezes. The Lemon and Ginger freeze is so yummy and great for those who are health freaks. As for me, I love me some frozen berries so I always have the Seattle Berry Freeze with mixed berries and crushed ice – Yum Yum Yum!
I must say I am really into the fruit smoothies with no milk. I think I am really on a crushed ice buzz. It is a lovely break but a hazelnut latte is very welcomed as well.
MY 5 SUMMER NEEDS:
- A Pool – I love the beach but chilling poolside just relaxes me.
- A good book – Summer reading is simply one of my favorite things to do. This summer I chose a biography and love story.
- Fruit – Summer fruits are so good right. Berries, Watermelon, Grapes – YUMMY!
- Swimsuits and Kaftans – I love being able to pack away the jeans and boots and rock a lovely swimsuit and kaftan all day.
- SEATTLE FREEZE – Need I say more.
Head to your nearest Seattle Coffee co. to cool down and enjoy some goodness in a cup. I think my Grande Berry Freeze is ready.